Sunday, July 25, 2010

Practice, Practice, Practice

Lesson learned #1: decorating baked goods is difficult and should not be attempted in haste or before completing decorating classes.  I was so excited to get started that I jumped the gun and tried to make things pretty before I was prepared or ready.  The attempts were lots of fun and tasted delicious, and I like to think that that is the most important thing, right?

I made a red velvet cake for my Mom's birthday.  I used this recipe by Wilton and a basic cream cheese icing.  I researched a lot on trimming and icing the cake correctly, and that part went beautifully (I was actually very proud!).  However, the decorating part was not so perfect, and not what I wanted it to be at all.  Practicing with this cake made me very very excited for my class to start next week! Here are the results:


No comments:

Post a Comment