Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Happy Birthday To My Joshua

Yesterday, I made a carrot cake for my husband's 25th birthday. Carrot cake is his favorite, so I wanted to try something new (I have made many carrot cakes in my life, and have never really been impressed with one). I decided to use Wilton's carrot cake with white chocolate cream cheese icing recipe, only I subbed in one cup of wheat flour for one of the plain and one cup brown sugar for one of the plain - it was scrumptious and will definitely replace my old recipe!



I love that the carrot is actually visible in the cake! It was super moist and had just the right amount of spice. The icing was a little rich for my taste, I will probably lighten it up next time as well as use a firmer icing so that the cake looks more professional. All in all, it was a big hit, and definitely the best carrot cake I have ever made!

Next up ... Red Velvet Cake and Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment