Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fallen Blueberry Muffins

This morning, I thought I would be a sweet wife (and daughter) and make homemade blueberry muffins for my husband and daddy before they left for work.  I found this basic recipe here, and followed it pretty much to the T ... I neglected to pay attention to the tips on how to make the streusel topping =(  Instead of crumbling the butter, I melted the butter and poured on the topping - 1/2 my muffins FELL in the middle!  This has never happened to me before! Definitely a lesson learned. Here is what they looked like:


Thankfully, the other half turned out like this:


The insides baked up perfectly, and the blueberries didn't sink to the bottom, like this:


Paul was very interested in Daddy's muffin


And, eventually, all the muffins ended up like this:


I think I will be making strawberry ones next, using this same base muffin recipe.  This muffin recipe (with the streusel made correctly) is my new favorite muffin, ever. So fluffy and delicious that everyone forgave the sunken middles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment